Habilitative Intervention (HI) is a Medicaid reimbursed service that is available to children with developmental disabilities who display challenging behaviors.
HI therapists are certified professionals that work with children on a one-to-one basis through Individualized Program Plans that help to develop positive behaviors and skills. A therapist works closely with parents in order to achieve the best possible outcome. Services are provided in the home, community or at the Children’s Therapy Place center.
More specifically, Habilitative Intervention (HI) services are provided to:
- Improve a child’s adaptive skills
- Discourage problem behaviors
- Develop replacement behavior
- Increase socially responsible abilities
- Improve functional skills