Friday, March 27, 2020
Dear Children’s Therapy Place Clients and Families:
Due to Governor Little’s “Stay Home” order which took effect March 25th, Children’s Therapy Place offices are closed until further notice. However, your friends at CTP are still here for you and are prepared to meet your child’s needs! We have new fun and creative ways to continue to provide much needed services for your child during the statewide stay home order.-All therapies and counseling services are available online.
(CTP has over 14 years’ experience providing online therapy.)
-CTP therapists utilize multi-service interaction online to provide the best supports for your child
-Many interactive lesson plans are available through teletherapy
-Essential therapies continue to be available in clinic and/or in home (Including Counseling and DDA Services)
We are dedicated to the health and safety of the community and to your child’s continued success and progress.
Children’s Therapy Place
Monday, March 23, 2020
Dear Parents of CTP,
You may notice some changes in our offices in response to COVID-19 concerns. Many of our waiting room materials and toys have been moved or removed. Bookshelves have been turned around. Waiting room furniture may have been reorganized. Therapists have removed many toys from their offices.
With the decrease in materials in our waiting room, you may consider bringing materials for your children or waiting siblings.
Some recommendations may include:
Your own toys
Activity books with crosswords, mazes, etc.
Other writing materials like Boogie Boards, Handwriting Without Tears Worksheets, etc.
Children’s Therapy Place
Monday, March 16, 2020
Dear Children’s Therapy Place Client’s and Families:
As you are aware, Novel Coronavirus, known as COVID-19 is causing great concern currently. Until there is an immediate concern in our area, Children’s Therapy Place (CTP) will remain OPEN. We are taking the spread of COVID-19 very seriously and we are committed to being pro-active and addressing concerns daily. Children’s Therapy Place is following the recommendations and guidelines of the State of Idaho and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to base our planning to respond to the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, we are committed to continuing to provide therapy services to the children in our community. Our numbers are well below what is considered a large gathering. We will continue to monitor this on a day by day basis.
We also have options for how therapy services are provided. Teletherapy is face-to-face therapy using a computer application over the internet. By using teletherapy, your child’s therapist can continue to maintain progress even during illness. Children’s Therapy Place has over 10 years’ experience providing various therapy interventions and services through web-based technology. If this service option is of interest, please reach out to our administrative staff or your child’s therapist to discuss if this option is appropriate for you.
Our staff is following the guidelines as set out by the Centers for Disease Control. We ask that:
- Parents and children refrain from coming to our facility if they have any symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. We ask that they not enter until they are well and have been without symptoms for a minimum of 48 hours. Please seek medical care as needed.
- Parents and children to refrain from coming to our facility for two weeks after traveling outside of the country (especially if travel has been to China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea)
We have implemented clinical policies to create and maintain an environment that is safe and carries a low risk of transmission:
- We are sanitizing all surfaces and equipment daily after individual sessions including door handles and light switches
- We are taking the added precautions of cleaning hard surfaces in the waiting room area every two hours since this is a high traffic area
- Therapists with patients at the clinic are beginning every session washing hands for at least 20 seconds and washing again before they leave
- As you are aware, the majority of our treatment sessions are conducted in private treatment rooms with limited exposure to others
- For those family members who do not want to wait in a busy waiting room during this time, a staff member will accompany your child to and from your car if desired. If you choose this option you will need to text your therapist in advance to let them know. Your child’s therapist will return him/her to your car 5 min prior to the end of the appointment to update you on the session
We are closely monitoring the situation and our top priority is always the safety of your family, children, and our employees.
*If you should fall ill with even a common cold, we ask that you call our office and either reschedule your appointment or ask about teletherapy services.
Children’s Therapy Place